Inactivate an address book number for a supplier

patcc

Well Known Member
Hi,

Is it possible to prevent any transactions on a supplier?

Actually I have an address book number for a supplier but I want to prevent the users from entering any purchase orders or payment for this supplier.

What can be done to disable this address book number?

Thanks

On the customer side, we place the customer on a hold code which is not set up correctly. That way, when an order is entered against the customer, order entry will generate a hard error and not allow the order to be saved.

You may be able to do something similar on the PO side I imagine.

Hi. With our JDE we have setup a range of new search types that are used for deactivations, for example VX is a deactivated Supplier and EX is a deactivated Employee.
This will prevent payments being picked up in payment runs if you have specified search types in your create payment groups UBE.
In addition to taking this step, there is an option in the AB to Hold Payments and there are two levels of holds - Hold Payment/Allow Voucher or Hold Payment/Hold Voucher. This option is on P04012.
I hope this helps.

is this a permanent disable for the supplier? you could try changing the address book search type from "V" to something else like "X". system will not allow future entries for the supplier. but pls ensure all required payments are done and balance transactions closed before doing so. hope this helps.

Hold the payment

Hi,

Actually I have an address book number for a supplier but I want to prevent the users from entering any purchase orders or payment for this supplier.

Thanks

Hi,
You got answer for your question?
can you help me with my question..... i want to hold the payment of the supplier and my table F0411 table should have "H" in column RPPST.
Thanks

If you want to hold payments the RPPST in F0411 can be H.
If you inactivate supplier, any transaction on him will stop. Even payments cannot be done for any past supplies.
But if you want to prevent creating POs without deactivating the supplier, you may play with "Item Restrictions"
Set option in the supplier master to "I" without adding any items to the items restriction list. This would prevent ordering any stock items. For expense items, you could also set the maximum order value to 1$ to place orders on hold.

Check Hold Payment in the Supplier Master Voucher tab. Manually put the old vouchers on hold using P0411S. The new vouchers will automatically go on hold after this update to supplier master

Hi,

Thanks

Please check Oracle document no
Doc ID 1937106.1
This should be helpful

Back