New 8.11 installation

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

We have now got access to our brand new 8.11 installation. After having a look around and carrying out a bit of testing/checking/investigation here and there, I have discovered that there is no F0301 or F03B01, but there is an F03012. Would someone like to fill in a few details on this (apparent) change.

In addition, to this I am having trouble starting any application in the web window that you start from the tools menu in the development (fat) client. I am also getting an error in the jde.log. The error is below. I would appreciate some help with this too. I have not as yet got a debug.log. My details should be in my signature. The development client is a VMWare virtual machine. Here is the jde.log error:

3664/3728 MAIN_THREAD Fri Aug 25 12:14:26.256001 jdetamsh.c145
TAM Semaphore Error (TAMInitSharedMemory/CreateSemaphore) Access is denied.

The F03012 has been positioned to replace F0301 for some time now and was created and updated in parrallel with F0301. Everything in F0301 is in the F03012. F03012 contains some additional information. F0301 is not present in 8.11 but not having seen all the version between XE and 8.11 I can't comment on exactly when that change was implemented.

You'll also find that some fields in F03012 are no longer used, commision codes 1 & 2 and the commission rates are the two that tripped us up.

So, if you've got custom stuff using the F0301 you'll need to fix that.
ooo.gif

Some process is locking the files, which is why you're getting the Access is denied message. There is an article on the Customer Connection which explains this in detail. You can use SysInternals Process Explorer to help determine what is the cause of the file lock (try disabling AntiVirus services, Anti-Spyware, etc.) The document explains what to change within your registry (it worked for my 8.11 deployment server.)

Kyle,

Thanks for the information. We do have some custom stuff that uses F0301, that is how we discovered that it is missing. We'll have to redirect the custom stuff to F03012.

Charles,

Thanks for the information. We did resolve the issue, but I am not comfortable with it. The WAS service was set up to use the windows user id that our Oracle consultant uses. Using this user id I did not have any problems and the jde.log was clear. I changed the user id for the WAS service to be the one I was using. When I did this I received a windows message saying that I had been granted sign on as a service right. I was then able to use the development (fat) client without any problem and the jde.log was clear. I changed the used id that the WAS service uses back to the original and logged on using my user id. Again the problems had disappeared. Does this mean that all users that will be using a development (fat) client will need that right granted? Is this the way WAS express works?

Peter,

this has nothing to do with Websphere Express but everything to do with Windows. Each windows user/group is given a default set of permissions based on their role. However, sometimes this "default" set does not provide sufficient rights so additional rights need to be granted using the Local Security Policy administrator.

You do not have to have Websphere Express create a service but it is much easier if you do so. If you do create a service then you can start the service using the "Local System" account or you can use a specific userid. If you want to use a specific userid then that user, if it is not a local admin acocunt needs the "Log on as a service permission".

Colin

Colin,

Thanks for your reply. My windows user id has always been a member of the local admin user group. However, I had the problems mentioned in my initial post - including the error in the jde.log - until I granted myself the log on as a service right. From this experience, it appears to me that to use the development client, a user is required to have the log on as a service right assigned to them. Is this actually required, or is it the way our windows/WAS/8.11 is set up? Is it possible, that under a different set up for windows/WAS/8.11, there would not be a need for a user to have the log on as a service right?

HI please anyone help me, why i am getting error "TAM SEMAPHORE ERROR" while try to login in JDE .

Attachments

• 179049-error.JPG
    179049-error.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 60
Back