Item Branch Error in P4310

ParagAgrawal

We're on 8.96. In P4310, for couple of items, I am getting error "Item Branch Plant not found" in F4102. I can see item branch plant entry in F4102.

Has anybody experienced similar problem? Am I missing something?

You could try posting this on the Apps forum.... I have not seen this specific error but you may care to check that the Primary Location exists in F41021. We have had experiences in 8.10 where Users would create an Item/Branch but click the upper-right-hand-corner "X" during the add of the Primary Location. The F4102 is created but the F41021 is not.

When you are on the P4310 what fields turn red? Check all your Branch/Plant fields.

Well, many types of setup/program/user errors can cause this problem. If you check a jdedebug log for the error message code or the query for F4102/F41021 you may find some clue.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

We're on 8.96. In P4310, for couple of items, I am getting error "Item Branch Plant not found" in F4102. I can see item branch plant entry in F4102.

Has anybody experienced similar problem? Am I missing something?

I have encountered the same error on a couple of items. The items exist in F4102, F41021 (with a Primary Location), P4105 with a Purchase Cost flag. I am on 9.0 AS400 webclient version. I am trying to debug but P4310 is a web only program and I haven't figured out how to debug a web program. Nothing is flagged red in the grid.

Item Branch Record Does Not Exist
A form level error has occurred.
CAUSE. . . . . An Item Branch record (F4102) does not exist for this item in the Branch/Plant specified.
RESOLUTION . . Correct the Branch or enter an Item Branch record for this item in Branch Plant Item Information (P41026).
ER Details:
Form P4310_W4310A
Control Id 1
Control Title Grid
Event Row is Exit & Changed - Asynch
Line No 1212
BSFN Details:
Source File /OneWorld/Packages/PDF0522/source/COPBASE/b4100210.c
Source Line 248
Error ID 0294

Other items go through with no issues at all. I am trying to check the BSFN.

Hello,

Well, you could start by looking in b4100210.c at line 248 to see what are the selects there to give the error.
In any case, you can go in the fat client, in jde.ini start the debug log and see what happens there (or server manager).

Hi! There could be an issue with 2nd/short item numbers being different in item master vs. item branch. When you check that the item/branch record exists, double check that the short item number in item branch matches the one in item master
If the item numbers are not the same, you can run R41803 to correct this. Please not this updates multiple tables (check UDC 40/IC on which tables will be updated) to bring the item numbers in sync (it updates the 2nd and 3rd item number in transactional tables)

Hope this helps
Aarto

Ditto to Aarto's statement. We've had that happen a couple times.

Back