Bible: How to analyze jde.log and jdedebug.log

DavidHuang

DavidHuang

Hi everybody,

I know only experienced expert can understand these two log files very well, but we always face to the urgent case, so want to get some help here.

Is there some document introducing how to analyze the log files? Even fortunately, case by case large amount of logged message are analyzed as example.

Thanks,
David Huang

David,

I have this document. Not sure, how helpful it would be.

I personally also use Performance workbench to summarize debug logs into readable files, and find areas of problem, if performance is the issue.

My 2 cents.

Regards
Yogi

Attachments

• 99371-Tips_Reading_OW_Logs_Miller_Nov01.doc
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,258
Hi Yogi,

Your document is very helpful. I also attached some document for the log file analyzing funs.

Other suggestion are welcome.

Regards,
David

Best thing for me is Log Workbench from www.qbit.com.ar

Amazing tool! It will show nested BSFN calls and highlight errors in red. Shows values in/out.

Look for ERROR INFO JDEEERR in your log and also look for Return value is 2 (this is where errors where set) then I use Goto BSFN Tree to see what BSFN is spitting out the error. then look for what creates that error in the code.

Since becoming a permie my debug log skills have shot through the roof as I'm debugging on a weekly basis :)

I agree with Mr Danter on that one.

My must-have tools are LogWb, and Craig Welton's ObjectExplorer and JDETrace. Between them they save me sooooo much time.

@johndanter I went to the website www.qbit.com.ar looking for 'Log Workbench' and I am unable to find it on their website.

Can you shed some light on where to find it on the website?

thanks.

Hi,

Can't find the link for Log Workbench as well :( If it's free, can anyone share it here?

It's an exe file so we may struggkle

I'll rename it as .doc but you download it and change it to .exe ok?

Back