F986110 records not being saved "sometimes"

GrantHarding

F986110 records not being saved \"sometimes\"

Hi List - this one has me baffled...

We use the user "JDE" to run many UBEs (initiated via Unix Cron). When these run, the resulting jobs get saved in the F986110 table. So far, so good...

Now, enter my clever little mod that uses a table trigger to run a business function, which (asynchronously) kicks off a UBE. The whole thing works fine and the UBE processes fine with a UserID of "JDE", however... the job disappears from the F986110 table once it has finished processing, as if the JDE.INI had been set to SaveOutput=FALSE, which it isn't.

Could it be that the Report Interconnect function isn't passing enough information through? Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks.....Grant

Re: F986110 records not being saved \"sometimes\"

GrantHarding,
Could be 3 possibilities/
1. the way you call RUNUBE in Cron
2. The UBE have suppress all output (inside the object)
3. Check the bPreview flag into UBEVAR structucture when you jdeLaunchUBE or jdeLaunchUBEEx....

Hope this help...

Grant,

How does the trigger kick off the UBE - UNIX script that starts RUNUBE?
If the initial entry into F986110 is done by runube BEFORE launching the UBE on a separate process then is it possible that if the originating transaction "rolls back" that it would also wrap and rollback the insert into F986110?

Just a thought,

Thanks for the responses!

The business function is a NER and I'm using the Report Interconnect function to kick off the correct UBE.

When a regular user makes the change that forces the table trigger to initiate the whole thing there is no problem. However, when a JDE job (e.g: R42995, R42118) causes the change to the table, the trigger and UBE work properly, but the UBE doesn't save in the F986110 after processing.

Back