Unicode and Languages

jberry

Is there anyone that is running a western Europe language, English, and Kanji (Chinese, Japan, etc) in the same database. We have questions on time localizations and how you handle them.

We are looking to go to 8.11 and want to run everything out of one database, but the problem is that on month end night say 8 p.m. US is still working on month end and Japan has started the new month, so we have to make sure Japan does not post anything in the previous month.

Thanks for your help.

Jimmy Berry
AS/400 DB2
ERP 8.0 SP 23

Jimmy,

We run about 20 E/WE languages in one instance & Japanese (code page 932) in a 2nd instance of Xe.

They are hosted on the same AS/400. We use GMT as our 'global' time standard. Thus anything posted is posted as GMT.

We chose GMT because it is really the only globaly recognized time standard we could find. Also, we have been doing this for about 5 years and I assume any real problems would have surfaced by now.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the information. Have you tried to collaborate the databases into one or do you plan to do this in the future.

When you say instances, are you talking about two totally different installs for E/WE and Japan.

Thanks for the information.

Jimmy Berry

Jimmy,

Yes we have two concurrent installs on our 400. We do however share some files (next numbers, & some system files), OMW, and some other misc stuff.

We do plan on going to Unicode when we get a breather, but probably not for another 6mos to a year.

HTH,

Tom

I feel your pain. Thanks for the information.

If you don't mind would you e-mail your contact information to [email protected]. This way if we have questions, I can contact you.

Thanks for your help.

Jimmy,

My contact info is in the 'from'. I prefer to post correspondence to the
list as it becomes available to all. If you really would like to contact
me directly, feel free though.

Normally, I just lurk on JDEList these days. I only get involved (in
house) when things get really bad.

Tom

jberry
<[email protected]>
Sent by: To
jdelist-bounces@j [email protected]
delist.com cc

Subject
06/23/2005 10:03 Re: Unicode and Languages
AM

Please respond to
JD Edwards®
EnterpriseOne
<jdelist@jdelist.
com>

I feel your pain. Thanks for the information.

If you don't mind would you e-mail your contact information to
[email protected]. This way if we have questions, I can contact you.

Thanks for your help.

Back