DRP/Purchase Orders/Sales Orders Date Issues

Heather

How can I get more accurate Promise dates on Purchase Orders generated by DRP? What I would really like is the Original Promise Date = Greater of (Today plus Leadtime) or Sales Order Scheduled Pick Date.

DRP gets the Original Purchase Order Promise Date from the Scheduled Pick Date in Sales Orders.
Example: Sales Order(SO) Req Date = Dec 1, 2005 SO Promise Date = Dec 1, 2005 and SO Sched Pick Date = June 15, 2005 (current date indicating that if the parts come in early they can be shipped to the customer. Not all customers will allow early shipments.)

DRP then Generates a Purchase Order with Request and Promise Date of June 15, 2005 (Julian date 105166). If leadtime is 10 weeks or 70 day then 105166 + 70 = 105236 or August 24, 2005. This is the earliest we could get the parts from the manufacturer, but we will take them sooner if they have some on hand. Aug 24, 2005 would be a more accurate Original Promise date for the Purchase Order. We have to edit the dates on all DRP generated Purchase orders when sales uses the current date as the Scheduled Pick Date.
Original Promise date is important in measuring on time vendor performance. If the vendor makes changes to the purchase order, we change the Promise date to accurately reflect on the system when the product will actually be coming in. If the date keeps changing, I need a date field to best measure on-time performance which should be Original Promise Date.

Does anyone have any wisdom to share for solving these??

Back