eGeneration connection problem

fnac

Hi,
I try to connect using the eGenerator program. But it's failed and unable to login. And I got the following message from jas.log

[ORACLE_TNSNAMES_ENTRY_NOT_FOUND] Entry not found for database JDEB9 in Oracle TNSNAMES file.

[DATA_SOURCE_NOT_FOUND] Data source for F00921, TBLE not found. ([ORACLE_TNSNAMES_ENTRY_NOT_FOUND] Entry not found for database JDEB9 in Oracle TNSNAMES file.)

[DATA_SOURCE_NOT_FOUND] Data source for F00921, TBLE not found. ([ORACLE_TNSNAMES_ENTRY_NOT_FOUND] Entry not found for database JDEB9 in Oracle TNSNAMES file.)

I've copied the tnsnames.ora file to x:\b9\system\Generator\WEB-INF directory already. But I don't know where it's look for the tnsnames.ora file and the database name. Anyone know the reason? Many thanks.

My config. is 8.9 sp893S1, WAS5.0

Hello,

Does your TNSNAMES.ORA file have an entry for the JDEB9 database in it? It's not that the file itself isn't found, it's that the program can't find the definition for JDEB9 in the file.

Good luck!

Dan

Hi!

Make an entry of Database Global name in TNSNAMES.ora

JDEB9.xx.xxxxx.COM =3D
(DESCRIPTION =3D
(ADDRESS_LIST =3D
(ADDRESS =3D (PROTOCOL =3D TCP)(HOST =3D JDENTSVR1)(PORT =3D 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =3D
(SERVICE_NAME =3D jdeb9.xx.xxxxxx.com)
)
)

this should work also add one without global name.

Thanks & Regards,
Lalit Ranka
Deloitte.

Re: RE: eGeneration connection problem

Thanks Lalit,

I only got one without Global name. Is the '3D' needed? Thanks.

Sometimes Oracle will require a domain qualified “TNS names entry”. DBase1 vs DBase1.domain.com set up in the TNS names. We had a similar problem and needed both entries to be specified in the TNS names file (just add an entry and change the first line to include the domain information) Normally TNS names is located as follows: x:\oracle\network\ADMIN directory.

Back