Run a UBE from the web portal

Ian Taylor

I have found a javascript (runOWApp) that will run Interactive Apps from the web portal, but Oracle says you can't run a Batch App other than using the Task Explorer (menus) component. Does anyone know of another way?
Thanks,

Ian,

What I have done at some sites is to create a launching interactive application which in turn calls a UBE interconnect. You build a simple screen which receives processing options and data selection from the user which in turn you pass to your UBE. Your UBE needs to have a data structure to receive these values. You can then use the OWApp java script to execute your report launcher.

I have thought about writing a more generic reports launcher but in the case of all my clients they were looking at only a small list of customer self service reports. Having tailored launch screens for each report was actually better from their perspective.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yes, thanks, that does give a couple options. I (eventually) got the URL correct to do it by adding the Task Explorer component, double-clicking the UBE on the menu, copying the URL in the address bar and pasting it into an HTML component as a link. Then, I had to change the "owcomponent" in the URL to be the name of my HTML component instead of the Task Explorer component.

Back