Media Object Formatting

Pranika

Hi
Can anyone help me.If i have inserted a media object in my report.That media object contains text and in that text headings are in bold but when i insert that media object into my report ,it does not show the bold text rather it displays it in normal text.How can i keep the formatting of media object?

Hello Pranika,

Sorry to say the E1 Toolset does not provide a method to print text attachments in a UBE in their original formatting (typically rich text format). The rtf formatting is there in the text but is stripped out when pulled in to the UBE.

We have written Crystal reports that use the text attachments from F00165. The rich text format shows up beautifully there.

Again, in the UBE you can only control the font attributes of the entire field the text is read into - you cannot retain the actual formatting as entered/displayed.

Good luck,

Thanks larry
I have soretd my problem ,I just wanted text to be bold in the first line.What i did i put the media object into a variable and divide it line wise(using substr) and in the report i made the first line in bold and my problem solved.

I was wondering, did your solution cause a problem with cutting off in the middle of a word? I'm looking at parsing a media object, 1 line per 75 characters and expect to having trouble cutting off words and continuing on the next line.

After having all sorts of problems trying to print attached text on various reports, I have done exactly that, I parse the text, ensuring that I don't break a word. I also use group sections and take manual control over page breaking for similar reasons. If anyone is interested in the ER, I can post it.

Yes! I am Absolutely interested in the ER to parse media object text.
Thank you so much for your help.

Laurie

Re: RE: Media Object Formatting

Laurie,

I have attached a text file (unless I forgot) containing some ER with comments to help in understanding what it does. The variables have been named with the data dictionary alias appended with an underscore. If there is anything that needs further explanation or if you have any comments please let me know.

I hope it is of use.

Attachments

• 96449-Attched Text Breakup.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,333
Back