Runbatch.exe

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
Can someone please tell me how I can manually submit a runbatch.exe with my own parameters, such as R551234 XJDE0001. I am from the AS/400 world and I can submit RUNUBEs and prompt for those parameters. I am trying to do the equivalent to the RUNUBE command on the 400 on a Windows application server. Thanks.

Sashton

The command is as follows:

RUNUBE 'USERNAME' 'PASSWORD' 'ENVIRONMENT' 'REPORT_NAME' 'VERSION' 'JOBQUEUE' BATCH HOLD SAVE

so for example:

RUNUBE JDE PASSWORD PD7333 R551234 XJDE0001 QB7333 BATCH HOLD SAVE

Hope this helps

Regards
Marty

Marty,
Thanks for your response.
Maybe I am confused here. So how do you invoke the runbatch.exe with that command? That looks just like the RUNUBE command from the AS400.

You can run it from the command line (aka DOS Prompt). Click on Start -> Run, type in CMD, and it will open the command line. You can also put it in a plain text file with the extension .bat (Batch File). Double click on the file and it will run all commands inside of it. Also, you can save it in a .cmd file and schedule the job to run with NT Job Scheduler. Hope this answers your question correctly.

Marty,

Nevermind, I got it. Thanks for your help. It is run under the RUNUBE.exe not runbatch.exe.

Steve - we have a third party scheduler, Tidal, that makes extensive use of the runube command. Tidal allows us to set up a very complex schedule of jobs, dependencies, weekly, monthly, daily jobs etc. For example, last night was the first night of our monthly close process. Tidal ran over 200 jobs with data checks and sophisticated dependencies that generated tens of millions of dollars worth of invoices. It coordinated JDE, Webmethods, Cognos, Createprint, Createarchive and Rightfax jobs for us. Very Very cool application.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Back