Engineering change order error

schatzie

One of my users uses the P48020 to enter an ECO number
He than uses P3013 to enter all of the parts. Once in a while it seems to become corrupt.
The following error appears:
Record invalid ( help description is as follows - the record being process already exsists for an add function or does not exists for an 'inquiry' change or delete'
resolution: if you are attempting to inquire, change or delete a record you previously added, there may be data base errors in your production library

The second was is error code 9999 doew not exist.

I do not think the second error really means any thing. I am thinking that if I resolve the first error, the second one will take care of itself.

Does any one have any ideas? The engineering department gets frustrated that they have to re-enter hundreds of line items into a new ECO number

Thanks all
(anyone who has a holiday on Monday - enjoy)

Schatzie,

In the ECO, you specify the line # for new lines being added. Is it possible that the line # specified already exists for the BOM? Please check the BOM in Enter/Change BOM (P3002), but with an asterisk (*) in the effective or as-of date, so you see the ENTIRE BOM, including any lines that are no longer effective. If this is the case, change the line # in the ECO for the new BOM line, and you should be ok.

Don

Thank you for your reply. I tried to find the BOM but here is the results:
This is before the BOM is created - after the ECO is all approved - than the BOM is created.

I can see all the lines on P3013 but each one has the same error that I had mentioned.

Back