Sebastian Sajaroff

Legendary Poster
Hi everybody,

My Web users are a bit angry with their HTML grids because
they show and retrieve 10 records at a time, if they want
to read 200 records they have to press Next 20 times or
click on the End button and wait for HTML to retrieve
20 bunches of 10 records each.
My users and I find that quite inefficient.
Does any of you, please, know how to set JAS grids
to retrieve 50 or 100 records at a time?

Platform 8.10 Tools 8.94H1
Server AS400 V5R3M0
Web Clients Windows XP SP2 + IE 6.0 SP1

Thanks!!!

Sebastian,

Recently there was a post on the JDE List - on how to set the number of records read into a grid, globally. Look back a few days - and you'll find it...

More importantly - do you really want to set the number of records read into a grid 'globally'? Are you aware that you can set the number of records read into a grid at the Grid Level? If you go into FDA and double-click the gird - there is an option for 'Grid Row Count'. Enter the number of records you want read into the field, save and continue through the promotion cycle.

Concerns - If you go the global route, you could have performance issues... If you modify the settings internally to the application, you will have to remember to retrofit each time it gets ESU'd

(db)

I believe this can be manipulated via the HTMLCLIENT.INI file on the JAS server.

I tried the HTMLClient.ini method and could not get it to work. We ended up modifying each app and will retrofit.

Hi,

Finally, Denver gave me the answer (for 8.94 Tools)
You have to add

GlobalPageSize=50

to your JAS.INI, on the [OWWEB] section.
That will set 50 rows by default on every grid.

Ahhh...one of those here today, gone tomorrow, here the next day features. This used to be a global setting you could make in the .INI of the JAS server and was "all or nuttin". Then, because of the perfomance hit, they took it away (when E1 8.9 came out) and made it on a app by app basis. Then enough folks screamed, and they put back in the global setting in TR 8.94. As stated before, be careful of the "global settting"...sometimes people don't know what they are really asking for!
wink.gif

Regards,

Back