Can it be done?

jaszay

I want everything to be installed on one physical server, is it possible?

Everything = enterprise server, database server, jas server and a workstation.

I suppose the deployment server cannot be installed on the same server as the enterprise, but it does not matter, when the installation is complete I do not need it anymore.

I just want a conformation whether it is possible or not.
I tried it, but the jas server gave me errors, like
"could not start listening on port 6013".

Avoiding the apparent "Why" question. You would obviously be looking at a beefy Wintel box to install the conclomeration on. I will not answer on the JAS portion, since I have not installed JAS on windows.

But having a client and deployment install on the same box is nasty - your INI files get a little confused and you'll see some odd results.

I would not see this being an efficient means, since your workstation is looking locally for the enterprise server.

I would think that having the same name for the Deployment, Enterprise and Workstation will get the system confused. Since it does a lot with those names.

I would be interested in seeing other people's responses on this.

Just my two cents though,

Kristian

Reply to the "Why" : I need a portable vwmare image (you can zip the virtual machine) of one server which has a fully functional E1 environment.

I get the issue of the deployment server, so we can forget that.

Question reformatted:

Enterprise server + database server (it is ok, you have this installation option) + jas server + workstation (to administer) on one physical server.

Also, a note this is about E1 811/8.94. (or 8.9 or 8.10, but no previous releases).

Thanks

Why don't you just create three VMWare images - one database, one deployment server, and one workstation?

Hi,

One of the CNC guys we had engaged for a brief time, had mentioned that he had done the same thing on his training PC. I think he had virtual vmwares running for all configurations.

I am not a UNIX person, but my 2 cents is that it can be done.

Thanks
Yogi

Back