R30601-INTEGRITY ANALYSIS

DSD

Hi List,

Does anybody know that
1.what is the utility of Batch programmR30601 which is bill of material stucture analysis?
2.Secondly how does the system adjusts the lower level codes?

This UBE checks to make sure that you don't have any problems in your BOM structure, such as a recursive BOM. In addition, it will check your Low Level Codes, setting the LLC of each item to the lowest level at which it is used on any BOM (in any Branch/Plant). We run this UBE nightly to make sure that our LLC's are set correctly.

Thanks a lot for commenting.I would be happy if you please tell me that:

1.What should be frequency of running this report like once in month , once in week?
2.If I do not run this report & lower level codes doest get adjusted then what would be the impact?

As I mentioned, we run this report nightly. I'd say at least weekly would be a minimum.
If the LLC isn't set correctly, this could affect MRP planning. It could possibly also affect cost rollups.

Basically, anything that relies on the LLC for multi-level product structure information.

Thanks A Lot for replying my querry.But I do not want trouble anymore but can please help me to understand that:
1.What could be the impact as per as MRP is concerned?I am asking specifically because we have done custamization in Bill Of Material & also sturcture we are having for bill of material is multi-level & that too bit comlicated?
2.lastly What are actually lower level codes?

Dhanu,

I'm not a technical expert on MRP running, but I believe that as MRP runs, it uses the LLC to process demands one level at a time. If an item has the wrong LLC, it won't be planned at the correct level by MRP, so some demand could be missed or incorrectly interpreted. Maybe someone else can give a good example.

As far as what are actually the codes, I ran a short test to illustrate. I created items TEST1, TEST2 and TEST 3. Initially all three had a LLC of zero (0). Items TEST1 and TEST2 are Manufactured, while TEST3 is Purchased. I created a BOM for TEST1 which has as its single component 1 EA of item TEST2. After doing this, the LLC for TEST1 is now 1 and the LLC for TEST2 is 2. I then added a BOM for item TEST2 which has as its single component 1 EA of item TEST3. Now the LLC of item TEST3 is set to 3. Thus, the LLC mimics the level of hierarchy that an item has in any BOM's.

Thnaks a lot explaining me in details and i checked in the F4101 the field IMLLX keps Lower level codes information.

Thanks once again!

Regards,
Dhanu.

Simply reminded you should go F4102 to get the LLX. And theorically R30601 should not run often unless you find MRP results unexpected and have no way to explain.
When BOM structure changes, the item LLX will be assigned the largest number of LLX (that is the lowest level) automatically, however, LLX will not come back from larger number to smaller one by the system. R30601 is like to refresh the LLX both directions, but the MRP results are not affected by LLX changes unless the situation mentioned above.
Regards,
John Hsiao, E810

Thanks Once again!

But if refer the manual on Engg Project Managment that says that nbefore Project Requirment Planning is run one should run R30601 so that LLX gets adjusted.So in case projects scenarios R30601 needs be run frequently.Is it like that?

Awaiting your reply.

just as a note for future search terms

R30601 has the ability through a processing option to write to a work file instead of using cache.
The business function is B3003750
The work file is F30UI010

Hello, I ran R30601 and the llx still equal 0 in F4101 and F4102 for parent item and the mrp doesn't suggest the raw material purchases only the work order for my parent item How can I solve it?

Back