Network Deployment Server and WAS 5.0.2.7

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Hi,
Im starting to configure clone with WebSphere 5. I'm finding problem with addNode step. Network Deloyment and application server are installed on the same server. I start server1 and deployment manager. I login to Deployment manager http://servername:9091/admin with user PSFT (is there a specific user?), when I add a new node (for example the same server) I receive the following error:

[5/16/05 12:13:56:304 CEST] ccda969 AdminTool E ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: ADMU2092E: The node and Deployment Manager must have the same product extensions, but they do not match. The node product extension is PME and the Deployment Manager product extension is BASE.
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.DefaultExtensionChecker.checkExtension(DefaultExtensionChecker.java:70)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.pme.PMEExtensionChecker.checkExtension(PMEExtensionChecker.java:59)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.AbstractNodeConfigUtility.checkProductExtensions(AbstractNodeConfigUtility.java:575)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.NodeFederationUtility.runTool(NodeFederationUtility.java:305)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.AdminTool.executeUtility(AdminTool.java:173)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.NodeFederationUtility.main(NodeFederationUtility.java:148)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:94)

I tried to change port from 8880 to 8889 but without success. I tried also to submit batch addNode server with the same result:
addNode srvweb 8889 -includeapps

I installed the following software on the same server

NETWORK DEPLOYMENT INFO
IBM WebSphere Application Server for Network Deployment, 5.0.2.7
Build Number: cf70432.01
Build Date: 08/09/2004

APPLICATION SERVER INFO
IBM WebSphere Application Server, 5.0.2.7
Build Number: cf70432.01
Build Date: 08/09/2004
---------------------------------------
IBM WebSphere Application Server Enterprise, 5.0.2
Build Number: ptf20327.03
Build Date: 7/10/03

Any idea?
thanks in advance
Gigi

Solved my problem.
I haven't installed Enterprise Server over Deployment Manager.
Gigi

Back