Development 8.11

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Hi,
I wish to clarify me, how 8.11 development client works.
If I develop a new application or I modified an existing report how can I debug it on fat client? I see that debugger still exists but I cannot launch interactive application on fat client.
Another question...I have to install WebSphere Express and Web develppment tools on fat client, but when I launch "Run HTML" where it reads serialized objects? Does it convert automatically local TAM spec?
Furthermore someone can exlpain me where I can find documentation about 8.11 development, or post some pdf files?
Thanks in advance
Gigi

See the attached document - EnterpriseOne 8.11 Web Development Client Installation and Configuration Guide.

thanks Boris,
I'm able to install WEBDEV.... feature with package, but now How can I debug interactive application?
Gigi

I haven't tried this myself, but I understand that these are the procedures:

1. Ensure that you have the web package installed on your fat client.
2. Put the object on a project and select generate HTML from the row exit (each time you make a change it must be regenerated).
3. From UDCs, select UDC 98/OM, ADD an APPL record. They excluded this, but adding it is needed to add your OCM mapping for an app. This only has to be done once (per environment unless you are sharing UDCs between environments).
4. In OCM, add a local map for the object and environment you want to run local.
5. Open ER Debugger, activate the app, and set your breakpoints.
6. Run the program from the run html application button.

The debugger should pop up even though you are running the app from the localhost web copy.

Boris,
where do you find this information?
Have you any pdf file or html file that you could send me?
Thanks in advance
Gigi

This is all the information I have. It was a write-up from another consultant who got it to work.

It worked for me. I will be back at the 8.11 shop that I was successful at making it work next week.

Hi,
Did you guys have any trouble debugging NER?
My debugger could not see any N*. I was able to debug any other P*,R* , but none N*.
Thanks
KHam

Back