Xe Password Changes and Disabling ID's

brianalv

Xe Password Changes and Disabling ID\'s

We have a frustrating issue that we cannot pinpoint and cannot recreate. We have our users setup to change their passwords every 45 days. We get many emails every few days telling us that the user changed their password and then the next time they log in, their id became disabled. At first I dismissed it as user error, but this happens way too frequently with too many users. I have not been able to recreate the issue with a test id. Has anyone out there encountered a similar issue? We are HTML client on Xe.

Re: Xe Password Changes and Disabling ID\'s

We're not using HTML, so I don't know how well our experience relates. But we believe that the users create passwords that are either:
a) less than 6 characters, or
b) reuse a password that they've already used.
Xe doesn't like either of these situations, but does not give the user an error message when they change their password. They then lock themselves out next time they try to log on.

Re: Xe Password Changes and Disabling ID\'s

We had a similar issue and we found that what the users were doing was when they were changing their passwords they would hit the enter key instead of clicking the OK button. The default button on the password change application is the cancel button. So everytime the user thought they were changing their password, they weren't. Their account would become disabled after trying to enter the wrong one too many times.

Back