Package Build Error (POTEXT)

ARJOHNSON

I am currently receiving POText error on my PY builds (both client and server side)... (DV and PD build fine).. Any help on this would be appreciated. THANKS!

Sample of BUILDError.txt
RDB record count in POTEXT : 45018
4/27/2005 06:27:07 0 Number of TAM records fetched: 33044.
4/27/2005 06:27:07 0 Number of TAMAdds Attempted: 33044.
4/27/2005 06:27:07 0 Number of TAMAdds succeeded: 33044 failed: 0.
4/27/2005 06:27:07 0 Number of records TAM says it has: 33044.
4/27/2005 06:27:07 0 Creating Indexes for table POTEXT.
4/27/2005 06:27:15 0 Finished creating Indexes for table POTEXT.
4/27/2005 06:27:15 0 Spec file POTEXT finished.

Angie,

it's normal for there to be entries in the BuildError.txt.
Its basically a record of the package build. If an error is encountered you'll see it (it'll say "Error"). What you posted is normal and all is well ...

Angie

From the sample build log it looks like the RDB count differs from the actual count but did not fail. I'm not sure why this differs, mine doesn't. The POTEXT tam is built from the F98306 table. Does the package build end in error? Is there anything informative in your jde.log file?

Patty

Hi,

Have you installed any language other than English on
OneWorld?
If you install a second language (let's say Spanish)
but you don't select it when building a package it will
find that there are 45000 items on POTEXT, and only
30000 compiled (the missing 15000 are the not compiled
ones from Spanish specs).

Sebastian Sajaroff

No nothing informative or out of the ordinary in the jde.log file. The build does end in error. I have attached the pdf (R9621) (this build I had selected POTEXT only)

Attachments

• 89819-POTEXTerror.pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 186
Yes we have Spanish installed as well as English.. and I have verified that both languages were selected.

Please attach you entire BuildError.txt. Also in the work folder of the package there is a BuildReport.txt. Does it include any useful information? Why are you doing a build with POTEXT only?

Patty

build for POText only was for troubleshooting.. Everything else was building fine..so I thought I would try building a package with just the potext..

Attachments

• 89836-BuildError.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 141
Here is the BUildreport.txt file as well.
The Buildlog.txt and this buildreport.txt was from my original PY full package (everything selected).

Attachments

• 89837-BuildReport.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 696
Hi,

Please, count how many 'S' (Spanish) records you have
in your PY810.F98306 table and in your Planner table.
I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of missing records
on your Central Objects.

Sebastian Sajaroff

Angie

Please attached the entire BuildError.txt report from the full package. Also, look at package build history P9622. Sometimes it offer useful information.

Patty

I checked my Full packages again.. and a full that was built on 3/10/05 had both languages selected (English and Spanish).. The full I deployed on 4/12/05 didn't have any languages selected. Is that why I'm getting errors now when trying to build a full? My update packages are buildilng fine (and I'm selecting both languages)?

If I re-install the full package from 3/10 (which had both languages) to my fat client, and build another full --think that will work? I'm going to give it a shot.

Ok.. I reinstalled my last good full (that included both languages).. to a fat client, and rebuilt just client side .. Built perfect. My plan is to redeploy that same full package to enterprise server.. then start another full right away. I'll post my final results.. Thanks for all the help and pointing me in the right direction!!!

Ok.. after re-deploying my last good full PY package to both client and server.. then building another full.. everything built fine. Thanks!!

Back