Deployment Server - IP Change

Joel

Well Known Member
Hi,
The former IP address of our Xe -Deployment Server has been suddenly changed by our Networking Dept. Our previous IP was Static.
What are the implications of this change? Will changes have to be made in our host files?

We just went through this because our data center moved. If you are running CITRIX clients, you will have "get" new authorization codes. This is not a s bad as is seems. When you log on you will probably get a dialog box about auth codes and calling JDE. You do not have to call. Click on OK then click on the "GET AUTH" button. Your new codes will be populated. You will have to do this for each CITRIX box you are using.

I didn't know all of this at tirst and ended up calling for support. One thing led to another and it started to get very confusing. When I finally stated "E X A C T L Y" what had occurred, I was provided with the correct solution to my problem. The help desk is not what it used to be!!

I do not agree with tgore. Changes of the IP-address should not make any difference as long as the server´s name remains the same.
Just make sure that all workstations can "see" your DS. This should be resolved by your networking staff. I don´t know if floating IP-addresses for servers is a good idea. If they are floating, make sure there are no entries for your DS in the hosts files on ALL your machines.

Regards, Gerd

I agree with you Gerd...but also with the previous poster about the solution. A change in IP shouldn't be an issue if the DNS entry is changed appropriately. I don't know of any installation where servers are on dynamic IP addresses. Usually you get the "relicense" message when a workstation (or Citrix server) is reconfigured...not when the deployment server is modified.

But per you earlier poster...if you get the message, you can "obtain" the code automatically without calling support, or in the worst case...the software license key program for E1 is now available to all from the customer connection website.

Regards,

Back