Services are down every Monday Morning

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
I have checked to see if we have any jobs running to end the services but there are none. I have scanned through all the job logs and the only thing I can find is at the exact time of the JDENET_K jobs ending, there is a SIGTERM signal that was received for the job. What is this? and where can I disable it?

Do you have any jobs that would take the DB offline for a while? What do your server logs say?

If this happens every Monday morning like you suggested, there has to be a process that runs every weekend that is killing the services. Try reviewing every process that you have scheduled that would affect the DB or the network components for the server.

Good luck!

Dan

I have checked scheduler, robot and sleeper and there is notthing that runs an hour before or and hour after this time. It happens at 12:02am. We just recently went to V5R3 and a new 400 so maybe there is a setting that isn't not correct.

We used to stop all JDE services then perform our weekend full backups, then we would IPL and restart all services.
Might this be what you are experiencing except the services are not being started?

I know of a case where something like this happened. The cause was that the cleaning personal would pull the power cord once a week to plug in their vacuum cleaner. I hope this is not your case.
No offence please, just kidding.
Is your machine rebooted on monday mornings?

Hey. When you IPL your machine, the services are dropped. You need to script the OW startup when your AS400 startups. Stef, if you pick through the documents I sent you while onsite, you will find a couple of CL programs that you can use to Stop services, clear IPC, and start services again. These need to be included in the startup programs that are run when your IPL occurs. I believe you should have the script to delete SQL packages as well.

Someone must be doing backups in restricted state or IPLing the machine and both of these tasks bring down all services on the machine. Once the system is restarted, OneWorld specific services need to be restarted.

I would expect any iSeries person to know the above though, so I suspect you are a CNC newbie what was just weaned off Windows.

We have figured out what the problem is. There are performance jobs on V5R3 that we did not have running on V5R2. This are run every Monday morning at 1am. This would bring down the services. We have put in a CL to end the services and restart them at 5am to make sure they are up when the users come in at 7am

We have figured out what the problem was. There are performance jobs on V5R3 that we did not have running on V5R1. This is run every Monday morning at 1am. This would bring down the services. We have put in a CL to end the services and restart them at 5am to make sure they are up when the users come in at 7am

Back