Webpsphere 5.0 version

jjcnc

Hello,

I am little confused on the version.. Do we need the enterprise edition or a standard edition.. what is the difference. I always thought we needed enterprise edition. is enterprise edition ( standard edition + ND).

Any insight will be helpful

You'll need enterprise edition. WAS consists of up to three components, the base WAS, the enterprise edition (or PME when you look for patches on IBM's website), and if you are going to utilize the load balancing and failovers of a multiple machine web farm, you'll need to put ND on top of it.

Also, be very careful to follow the EXACT instructions and only apply the fixpacks that are listed. JAS is very picky about exactly what level of WAS is is running on.

Regards,

The MTR's require you to have enterprise, but for a single server deployment,
JAS will install fine on the standard edition (even though the Peoplesoft
install gives out about it being missing). I am guessing that the reason for
enterprise is more to do with partnership agreements between IBM &
Peoplesoft, as the cost difference is substantial... Unless someone who is
more learned regarding WAS tells me otherwise?

Regards,

Kieran Fitzgerald

Jim

I ahve specific question. What does the CD's suppose to say. I remever in version 4.0 we have to careful with single server edition and all.

The CD's which I got are as follows and I think these are not the correct CD's

Apllication Server (ibm http server)
       IBM WebSphere Application Server-Deployment Manager

I thinnk the ND is fine, but shouldn't first one should say Enterprise edition. or are these CD's correct.

Thanks for your help

Application server is the CD you want to use first. Again, pay careful notice to the installation instructions, there are two sets of install files and if you use the first one you find, you've probably selected the wrong one.

You really only need ND if you plan to use the multi-server features of WAS.

Regards,

JIm,

th base and the enterprise is on the same disk as I mentioned in my ealier post ???
Does this CD looks correct to you

Back