Citrix Question

CitrixDude

Anyone running XE SP22 or 8.10 on Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 3.0 or know if XE or 8.10 is will be supported?

Thanks in advance...

Dave

XE SP22, Win2K, SQL2K, Citrix XP FR3

I was just having this discussion with our NT guys. The MTR's state MetraFrame XP with SP3/FR3 with 8.9 and above. I have a feeling that is basically the end of the road. 8.94 was originally not going to support Citrix at all. They recanted those plans but as far as I know, no new functionality for the fat client is being introduced. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to run with the latest releases of Citrix - just be aware that any new problems will be your own responsibility to resolve. No Oracle/PeopleSoft support. I wouldn't expect any so long as the new Tools Releases leave the fat client technology unchanged.

Dave,

just tested it at a client side on XE / SP21...

It was dead-toad slow and some functionalities (wsj) didn't work at all, just until we switched off the local drive mappings. Now it looks pretty good, the client will migrate the Citrix boxes to 2003 / Presentation Server 3.0...and put it live...

But bear in mind, it won't be supported with Oracle/Peoplesoft...

Regards,

Michael

Cheers,

Michael

Curious if there is any further info/insight on MetaFrame Pres Server 3.0 with XE sp21 and E810 8.94? We are planning to test here over the next week.
Thanks,Alison

Back