Payroll AAI's.

rehan

Payroll AAI\'s.

Can anybody please let me know as to how I can setup Payroll AAI's so that when i pay a loan
to an employee the amount hits the relevant account with the employee
subledger. The details are as below.

1). I want to pay a Housing loan (or any other loan) to an employee.
2). I pay the employee through a PDBA Code, which is a flat dollar DBA
Type 'B' Code. This amount should hit the Employee Housing Advance account 4.1840 with the Employee SubLedger in the Balance Sheet.
3). How should I setup the AAI's for this scenario.

Thanks
Rehan

Re: Payroll AAI\'s.

The DBA type should be D for Deduction.

In Credit-Liabilities (P069045) specify the following:

Company: As Appropriate
Employee Business Unit: Leave Blank
DBA Code: Code for loan DBA
Journal Type: Leave Blank
Business Unit: 4 (assumuing that 4.1840 is BU.Obj)
Object Account. 1840
Subsidiary: Leave Blank
Subledger Type: A (for Address Book)
Subledger: *SBLE (subledger wildcard)

Thank You for the update. The solution says that I can use it for deductions. However I want to use the same when i am paying for an employeee, i,e it should debit the relevant account with the employee subledger.
Thanks
Rehan

Rehan,

You can use the subledger wildcard (*SBLE) on any AAI. I was just commenting that an employee loan DBA should be set up as a deduction.

Ray,
Thanks again. I am unable to use the subledger wildcard in AAI P069041 unlike in P069045. I get the following error "Subsid/Sub Ledger Substitution Invalid". Is there anyway that I can hit the Employee Subledger Account when making a loan payment.

I am pretty busy this morning but, rather than make you wait until I check it out, you might try *EMP in the subsidiary field. That, of course, assumes the subisidiary field is not needed for something else.

Just a thought. Did you put an 'A' in the subledger type field?

I did put 'A' in the subledger type field.

Although *EMP works fine, it doesn't suit my case.

Appreciate your time.

Could you please guide me urgently for Payroll setup steps and process just with applications number i.e. P0.... or up to your way? your kind quick & understanding my situation would be highly appreciated.

Back