Send Message, Attach Form Link, and Solution Modeler (Workflow)

kipkingle

The new Solution Modeler does not allow you to send messages when you attach a form link. In the past, I could send a message through workflow and attach any form to it. My code within the send message looked like the following:

Send Message (BF Address Book, <Claims Queue>, “Claim Rejected”, <Blank>, Call (App:p48201, Form:W948201F, LM55002, <None>)

Now when I setup a simple workflow (Start ->SENDMSG->END), the program will always error out on the SENDMSG because the form that it is attaching does not contain the alias SERK in the Data Structure. This is a new requirement and GSS claims that it is working as designed. If you go forward and update the form you are calling and insert the SERK into the data structure, the workflow will send a message. Unfortunately though, the workflow will not complete because it expects a value back from the SERK.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Does anyone have a potential work around? One theory that I want to test is to call a UBE that sends the messages. I know I can use the system function “Send Message” in a UBE and it does let you attach forms without the SERK.

SERK in the FI Data Structure

Can you tell me how did you force the Enterprise Server to see the new FI Data Structure with the SERK parameter?
When i add the SERK member to the form's FI Data Structure and chek in the application the error is the same: SERK does not exist in FI Data Structure for Form <Form_Name> !
I've try to build and deploy the server package (dummy effort but may be...) - nothing changed.

WF Process

In order to complete WF process you must manually continue it from the form you are attached to the message from the WF.
Use the FI parameter SERK (E-mail Serial Number) as the key.
The value for this FI parameter set by WF itself.

1st step.
You must get some WF instance attributes:
WFProcessName (PROCNAME)
WFProcessVersion (PROCVER)
WFProcessInstance (PROCIST)
WFActivityName (ACTNAME)
WFActivityInstance (ACTIST)
WFOrganizationalGroup (ORGGRP)
WFSequenceNumber (SEQUENCE)
Get they from the F98865 like this:
In the Post Dialog Initialize event
F98865.Fetch Single
VA frm_szWFProcessName <- TK Process ID
VA frm_mnWFProcessVersion <- TK Workflow Process Version
VA frm_mnWFProcessInstance <- TK Process Instance
VA frm_szWFActivityName <- TK Task
VA frm_mnWFActivityInstance <- TK Task Instance
VA frm_mnWFOrganizationalGroup <- TK Organizational Group Number
VA frm_mnWFSequenceNumber <- TK Sequence Number
VA frm_mnWFEmailSerialNumber = TK E-mail Serial Number

The last parameter is our SERK which is got from WF.

2nd step.
Continue the WF Process.
In any place of the Form (e.g. OK Post Button Click event) call the Complete Activity system function from the Workflow section:
Complete Activity(VA frm_szWFProcessName, VA frm_mnWFProcessVersion, VA frm_mnWFProcessInstance, VA frm_szWFActivityName, VA frm_mnWFActivityInstance, VA frm_mnWFOrganizationalGroup, ...<Approved>)

The WF process instance will be released.

Re: WF Process

In my case, I needed to create several workflow links that attached to several different apps that did not contain a SERK field in the calling form. I did not want to update every base application that I was linking to, so I went with a different approach. The send message system function still works properly in a business function, so created a new custom business function. The data structure contained the same parameters that the send message system function needed, then I just called my custom bf inside of the workflow and it worked wonderfully.

Re: SERK in the FI Data Structure

You have to delete the old "Start Process" system function, and reconnect it.

Re: SERK in the FI Data Structure

I have a situation that I have attached P48013 as a form exit to Work Flow screen (P98805),now when I go to the Work Flow Approval screen I get error "Invalid Serial Number". Also I want to link that particular WO number to Form Exit?. Is this possible?.

Back