Sarbanes Oxley (ESU?)

rhunt

Well Known Member
The KG seems to be down so I need to pose a very general question to the list...
I am being bombarded with "logging" questions for OneWorld, and in response to SOX. Wasn't there some sort of ESU that enabled a more advanced form of logging for OneWorld? In particular, I need to find a way to audit failed login attempts (more aggressively than simply noting if an account became locked out).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ryan Hunt

I ended up writting a simple UBE that reads the F9312 table looking for anything with an Event Type of "01" (signong) and an Event Status of "02" (failure). I also put some date checks in the selection. We scheduled the job to run weekly.

tgore,

Thanks for the reply. For some reason my F9312 table is not logging SHEVTYP = '01' (signon). It is logging SHEVTYP's 03-12, and 14.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?? Anyone?

TIA

Ryan Hunt

I don't know what CFR part 11 is. I seem to remember having to change something else int the JDE.INI file on the server. I think it was LOGERRORS=1, but I am not sure. That was quite a while ago. Try lloking at your JDE.INI file and see what the value of that parameter is.

LogError=0 is what I had. I changed it to = 1, which enables the jde.log on the server, but it is still not capturing that event. Any other ideas on what you might have done? The knowledge garden has very little info on F9312.

Thanks

Ryan

Hi Ryan
Is the value of parameter "History" is 1 in the enterprise server JDE.ini? If not then set it to 1 and restart the services.

Hope this helpful

Add History=1 to your [SECURITY] stanza on you App/Ent Server and restart
services. This will allow logging of the logon/logoff events.

James

IBM Business Consulting Services
OneWorld CNC Consultant
Office Location: Milwaukee, WI
Office #: 414-223-6617
Cell #: 612-247-1746

History was = 0, so I changed it to History=1. I have not restarted services yet because I am on SP21 and I think that changes can be made real-time (at least some changes can). These events are still not being logged. Is there a chance that History requires a restart of services regardless of the SP level?

If not...it's still not working...

Thanks,

Ryan Hunt

Ryan

I believe your will have to stop and restart services for any change to the jde.ini.

Patty

Hi Ryan
We are at service pack 18 and this service pack does not support 21 CFR part 11. We definately have plans to implement it as it is one of requirements of Pharma industry.

Thanks

Hi,

anybody running Citrix? The Citrix Server name is very little help for me. Any solutions, as logging the OS user name, ...

Back