MRO Items, Non-stock Inventory

twinkids

I know you can not inventory non-stock items. Does anyone have a work around for MRO items? We want to expense them as we receive them, but keep a perpetual inventory balance for these items. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I don't know if it is feasible but an option could be that you set the inventory price for those items to zero. So at the moment of receipt the po price in full is taken into cost and you keep track of inventory.

Just to expand on this, you could set the product to cost method 07 (standard cost) and set the standard cost to Zero. At time of receipt point the Standard Cost Variance AAI to your expense account. All other transactions against these Items will be at a zero value however you will have a perpetual inventory quantity.

Happy testing.

Another thought, close to how we handle it... Leave in the 07 cost for those items, but give them a different GL Class such as IN20. Point the receipt AAIs so that both the standard and PPV costs are expensed upon receipt. Have other inventory transactions dr/cr a "wash" account (or the same expense acct). Recognize that if you go this route, your "physical" inventory (F41021 on hand x 07 cost) will not tie to your GL Inventory account balances for this segment of your inventory.

I appreciate your thoughts. This may be the route we take.

Thanks,
Brian.

custhe
<curtis.heller@l- To: [email protected]
3com.com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: MRO Items, Non-stock Inventory
jdeapps-bounces@j
delist.com

01/20/2004 05:43
AM
Please respond to
JDELIST
Applications
Discussions

custhe replied to your post at the site: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=66574

Another thought, close to how we handle it... Leave in the 07 cost for
those items, but give them a different GL Class such as IN20. Point the
receipt AAIs so that both the standard and PPV costs are expensed upon
receipt. Have other inventory transactions dr/cr a "wash" account (or the
same expense acct). Recognize that if you go this route, your "physical"
inventory (F41021 on hand x 07 cost) will not tie to your GL Inventory
account balances for this segment of your inventory.

This is one I did not think of. Thanks. I appreciate you taking time to
respond.

Brian.

Jan_Stas
<Jan.Stas@terbeke To: [email protected]
.be> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: MRO Items, Non-stock Inventory
jdeapps-bounces@j
delist.com

01/20/2004 02:37
AM
Please respond to
JDELIST
Applications
Discussions

Jan_Stas replied to your post at the site: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=66567

I don't know if it is feasible but an option could be that you set the
inventory price for those items to zero. So at the moment of receipt the
po price in full is taken into cost and you keep track of inventory.

I was looking for a way to capture the PPV for non-stock items and was browsing for appropriate posts. I got PPV for stock items (line type S), but no PPV captured for nonstock items.

Did you get the PPV for non-stock items (line type N)? Could you please let me know the set ups.

Thanks.

I have two suggestions to choose from as follows:

1.) You can set them up as vendor managed inventory and have the vendor control replenishment, inventoring, and billing

2.) You can set these items up as Type 3 Kan Bans which will auto-generate replenishment blanket order releases upon transacting P3157 Kan Ban Check Out. And furthermore, if you choose suggestion two, I would also set these items up to pay on consumption (as supposed to upon receipt as you suggested) if vendor will allow. This can be easily be facilitated in EnterpriseOne via the R43800/R470412 Evaluated Receipts process.

Not a plug really (lol) but if you want to learn everything there is to know about consignment, I will be facilitating "Implementing and Managing Supplier Consigned Inventory in EnterpriseOne" at Collaborate 2010 in Las Vegas.

Hey Kumars...

I think that both of us missed out on noticing this was a thread from over five years ago. Oh well it just shows that the two of us are really devoted to helping out whenever we can. Right?

Our company is looking to track non stock material once received on Purchase orders. They want the lines to charge immediately to possibly multiple capital or expense accounts but also place a record into the inventory record. We would attempt to setup inventory AAI's to wash (DR/Cr) or as we call them crebits but are unsure if this is possible in JDE 9.1. We have tried multiple options to accomplish this but have had no luck using AAI's or changes to table F41021. I posted to this thread as it sounded similar to the solution we are hoping for. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Casey

Back