Import from Excel do not work in Server but works locally

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
I have one custom application with editable grid.
When I import from Excel, after pressing the "continue" button, the web page shows the progress bar and hangs forever. Attached the screenshot. But it has no issue when I run locally. I confirmed that all the related objects are deployed to server. When I checked the JAS log, I see the below text.

How can I find the root cause for this issue as I cannot re-produce it in local web client.

Code:
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,474 [WARN  ] MRAUF - [RUNTIME]         *ERROR* CallObject@20258589: COSE#1000 Request timeout: timeout after 270000ms host OUR_SERVER:6014(1138) SocID:1172 PID:5920 BSFN:IsColumnInTeamFileF59TC090 user:MRAUF Env:JPD812 
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,474 [WARN  ] MRAUF - [RUNTIME]         *ERROR* CallObject@20258589: The business function being executed is causing a problem user:MRAUF Env:JPD812 
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,474 [SEVERE] MRAUF - [RUNTIME]         OWFormatValidator.callDDFormatProc receives JASServiceException: BFName= com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.EditRuleException
com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.EditRuleException
	at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.callRule(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.callEditRule(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.OWFormatValidator.callDDEditProc(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.OWFormatValidator.applyEditRules(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.OWFormatValidator.formatAndValidateInternalValue(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.OWFormatValidator.formatAndValidateInternalValue(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.GridEngine.leaveColumn(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.GridEngine.rowExited(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGridFocusManager.setCurrentCell(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGridFocusManager.setFocus(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGrid.onCellClick(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGrid.onCellClick(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTImportGrid.processImportData(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTImportGrid.processOkEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTImportGrid.processVirtualEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.processVTEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.processEventLoop(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.showWindow(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGrid.processVirtualEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTFormGrid.processVirtualEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.showWindow(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.startForm(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.FormInterconnectStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.StatementBlock.execute(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.ERModule.executeEventRules(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.form.FormEngine.doEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.form.VTForm.doEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.ButtonEngine.onClick(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.VTHyperMenuExit.sysPressButton(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.VTHyperMenuExit.onClick(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.VTHyperMenuExit.processVirtualEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.run(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.base.util.ThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,536 [SEVERE] MRAUF - [KERNEL]          *ERROR* Associated kernel 5920 not found  host OUR_SERVER:6014(1138) SocID:1172, freeLocal 
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,536 [WARN  ] MRAUF - [RUNTIME]         *ERROR* CallObject@6155441f: COSE#1017 Associated kernel not found. Please see Enterprise Server log for details:  host OUR_SERVER:6014(1138) SocID:1172 PID:5920 BSFN:IsColumnInAddressBook user:MRAUF Env:JPD812

Attachments

• import.jpg
    import.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 4
Check you enterprise server COK logs. Looks like your edit function, IsColumnInTeamFileF59TC090, is having an issue.

Craig

How many rows are you trying to import ? How many columns per row ? Have you customised grid format to make sure only those columns are there which you absolutely need ? Have you tried with lesser # of rows . There are some jas setting on enterprise server for grid imports , limits , timeouts etc . You need to check this with your system admin too .

Yes Craig. I was thinking in the same way. Please also note the last line showing error in IsColumnInAddressBook. But how come a standard function in error while it works on all other screens.

Meanwhile, what is the term 'COK' stands for. And where I can find those log files in the server.

Last edited:
jdedwardsuser

1 row and 1 column only ( already shown in the attachment )

Last edited:
COK is "call object kernel". It's the process on the enterprise server that runs the business functions attached to a user session. The latter functions in your session could fail because something before it caused a problem. You can find the logs using server manager, but now looking at your release, you may have to dig into the server file system log directory.

I did not much investigate on the logs as my version is too old.
Instead I have solved the issue by disabling the 'Edit' function on the data item and moved the 'Edit' function to 'Col Exited' event.
Now it works fine.

Back