Committing Stock to a Sales Order

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi Folks,

I have a custom screen over F4211 that allows users to do all manner of quick changes to SO lines.
A new request is to allow users to add LOTN LOCN and commit the stock.

Is there any 'simple' way to do this?
I have been looking at how P4210 does it or how R42520 does it, but all involve caching etc.

Is there a simpler object in E1 to break down and see how E1 does it? Id rather avoid caching etc if I can.

So far I have seen that P4210 calls F4211EditLine which calls ProcessSOMBFCommitment_Commt then CommitSalesOrderToInventory B4200370 (but they all use the cache Job No)

R42520 also calls more or less the same BSNFs but again uses Cache....I think

It calls N4201360 PickSlipsInventoryCommitment. So maybe I can just loop through the F4211 callign this BSFN??

Has anyone written their own commitment logic?

Thanks

John

Last edited:
I have a custom screen over F4211 that allows users to do all manner of quick changes to SO lines.

How are you performing your updates in your custom screen? I would advise that you use the sales MBF's if you're not currently. You should always use those to perform updates to sales lines. In doing so, you will be able to much easier add the type of functionality you're talking about adding.

Edit: if you don't go the route of using the MBF's, you should be able to call that B4200370 function directly without having to use the cache. I've used it before in a stand-alone manner... it will do what you need. You may have to do some trial and error to find the correct use of the parameters as you may need to deal with removing commitments if you allow the ability to remove LOTN and/or LOCN from a sales lines.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeremy. Yeah I got it to work fine in the end. Thanks. I thought I'd struggle, but I'm good. I usually try my best to use the MBFs, don't worry. I've been caught out before :)

They use the screen to mass chance F4217 shipment references and various EDI signals. There's only a few actual fields on the F4211 they change, and that's done via Row Exits as it's a Find Browse

Last edited:
....you should be able to call that B4200370 function directly without having to use the cache. I've used it before in a stand-alone manner... it will do what you need.

Hi Jeremy,

How did you get the F4211 Line ot be updated with the LOTN LOCN you're committing from? As all B4200370 seems ot do is update F41021 directly

Back