Xe Coexistant PTFs

DRezanka

DRezanka

Reputable Poster
We are going through the Xe Upgrade process from B733.2; coexistant with A73.10. There are two coexistant PTFs: A73PC000X3 and A73X3XE. The later is a PCCPY required for those below A73.12.

We had a few problems sorting out what was in these PTFs and how to properly apply them. 1. The X3 PTF had Tech Notes for program changes but the programs weren't in the PTF, 2. The PCCPY seems to contain all these program changes, 3. I never received any instructions for these PTFs.

Okay, so maybe I was just thrown a curve ball when I wasn't expecting it. I'm hoping this thread might help the few of us coexistant types to avoid any gotchas in these PTFs.

As of this time, I am planning on applying the PTF then the PCCPY before doing the ASIs. Seems like that's how they were designed.

Any additional thoughts or comments? Anyone want to share their experience with these PTFs?

Thanx

Doug Rezanka
Applications Developer
Eaton - Actuator & Sensors Division

Here's something I found that needs to be pointed out:

If you have the X1 or X2 PTF installed on your system, you may have gotten caught up in a problem with the file F31122LG key list not matching the key list in program P31123. If you followed the instructions in SAR 3354138, YOU WERE WRONG. The instructions in SAR 4244900 show the correct key order.

What this has to do with the X3 PTF is that the X3 contains the file with the corrected logical, however the file was not included in the File Conversions. The X3XE PCCPY contains P311223 with the key in the corrected order.

An aside tip: the PCCPY install instructions ask to check the CCSID of the source file. If you add the parameter TYPE(*ATR) to the command listed it will only take a second to display the info your looking for rather than 10 minutes.

A similiar option exists to check for the triggers according to the Xoexistance Checklist. Use TYPE(*TRG).

Have Fun

Doug Rezanka
Applications Developer
Eaton - Actuator & Sensors Division

Back