OMW Tranfer for UDCs

TAV

TAV

Well Known Member
I just transferred a UDC using OMW and it appears to have overwritten the target environment. I have done this many times before at other clients and it either did nothing due to not being setup in the TAR or it did an "add only" deal with the values. Apparently this is how they do it here but before I suggest a change I want to be sure it is not just my shady memories;-)

Is this a setup issue and if so where to advise CNC to look or what to advise to change in TAR would be appreciated?

I thought someone might have asked this since it seems like an FAQ thing but I did a search .. probably not well eh?

Anyway, any help is good.

Thanks in advance:)

OK so I found out that the OMW transfer does a replace when moving UDCs. This is as delivered and anything different is doen either otside of JDE or with custom code.

This is not very good to work with so it is likely work arounds are the solution. This must have been what was happeneing at other locations where the process of moving UDC changes only added new values and did not over write or delete others. Anyway, FYI in case someone was unsure like me.

Back