Inventory Transactions Approval

casatrey

Good day to everyone,

Is there a workaround or perhaps a direct way of approving inventory issues,adjustment and transfers before it relieves the inventory and posted to the item ledger?

We are currently using Approved Requsitions (paper) form to trigger the transaction, however we are preassured to remove the paper trail for these transactions.

Thank you very much,

I think I will note this one down amongst the many unusual practices that I have noted in my travels around the World. To answer your question: your best bet is build pseudo-OneWorld Inventory programs that write the Transaction to the Inbound Z-File (Interoperability). Then the people approving these transactions could go to a Z-File browser and select the transaction they wish to post with a Row Exit. The Exit will trigger the Business Function to perform the Transaction for you.

If you want a model for how this should work then study some of the Programs on Menu G31311- particularly the Inbound Inventory Issues P3111Z1. I am unfamiliar with Inbound Inventory but they may be a way of doing it out of the box, albeit, with a new front end.

However - to go back to my original message - I do not view this as good business practice. If you view OneWorld and other ERP packages as the synthesis of Good Business Practice then you will realise that your processes might benefit from some Business Process Reengineering. Putting it simply - the process you refer to adds no value therefore should be dispensed with. The idea of posting a transaction to the Cardex/Balances AFTER the physical inventory has been transacted is inadvisable because your system does not instantly reflect reality.

In it's simplest form, could you get your users to email a spreadsheet
version of their Inventory Transactions to your approver and have your
approver cut/paste these into the Inventory Transaction Apps.

Alternatively, it's Mark's suggestions on using the Product Activity Inbound
(F47121/122) files (G4724 menu).

Lastly, is approval on all Inventory G/L Batches (set Management Approval =
Y on "Application Constants" form exit in Branch/Plant Constants screen
(P41001)) - it's a bit late but it will highlight any major adjustments to
your approver.

Good luck, Craig

Craig Potte

Back