Dynamic JDE Application Shortcuts on Webpage

Ingo Hardieck

Hi List,
To improve user-friendliness as well as streamline our workflows we are currently exploring ways to build a tighter link between JDE and many of the reports we are showing on our Intranet.

Basic Goal:
We would like to allow our Intranet users to jump from a webpage directly to the corresponding JDE application, e.g. to edit the shown information.

Sophisticated Goal:
A really cool way would be to dynamically generate JDE Windows shortcuts which will be executed somehow by clicking on a web link: E.g. JDE applications can be opened by creating shortcuts like this one for the Work Center:

[OneWorld.Application]
IsMenu=0
Application=P012501
Form=W012501M
idForm=W012501M
DataFormat=1|W012501M|1|2|3|4|5|6
Data=|||35107|0|
Version=ZJDE0001
PODataFormat=1|T012501|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|21|22
POData=||||||||||||0|||||

Shortcut Documentation:
We have not found any documentation about all the “.jde” shortcut options but it seems that on top of defining application, form and version it is designed to pass through data (using the application data structure?) and even processing options!!

Tighter Integration:
Now our thought is that if we could dynamically create such a shortcut on our webpage that e.g. by clicking on a order showing on the Intranet that this opens the corresponding JDE application and dynamically fills in the order number in the data structure so that it takes the user directly into the order for editing… in our case this would open a very wide field for improving our workflows and the integration between the 2 platforms.

My 2 main questions are:
1) Does anybody know a way to create JDE shortcuts on a webpage dynamically or a smart way to deal with static predefined shortcuts?
2) Is there some JDE documentation available to detail all the “.jde” application shortcut options especially relating to the passing through of data or processing options?

Any other thoughts in this area are very welcome.

Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

Ingoh,
I haven't tried this in a couple of years, but it may provide the solution. If you create the reports with "Drill Down", then when a user clicks on the relevant line on the pdf, it will take them straight to the information in JDE. Drill Down was originally designed for financial reports, but I have written some Sales & Procurement ones which also worked, i.e. a sales order report listed lines where % margin was outside a certain range. By clicking on a line in the report, JDE launched the Sales Order program, and returned the information for that sales order detail line.
I can't guarantee this will work, but it is worth a try.

Back