R3483 OP messages while using branch plant relationship

Mgroeneveld

Well Known Member
Although i've setup branch plant relationships properly, calendar for the ALL B/P, proper BOM's and Routings, demand on demanding branch plant, etc, i still receive for 1 product family OP messages instead of OT's. All other product families result in OT messages as expected.

The most likely cause of this problem is the sequence in which you have entered the Inter-Branch Relationships. Unless you use sequencing you will find the R3483 will process through the Branches in the sequence you entered them. If you entered something slightly different for one of the families this could be the cause.

1) Please verify the network shop floor relationship by the P34031 or P3403T. May be you have wrong parameters for the family that generates OP.
2) One thing you have to known: if a need on the asking shoop floor is covered by 3 shoop floors (for example 33% by the first, 33% by the second and 34% by the third), the system will generate 3 OT and 1 very small OP on the asking shoop floor . The rounding smeems not being correctly managed is this case.

I understand that i have to use the level numbering in the branch plant relationship IF i have multiple supply chains for my demanding branch plant. In this situation, there's always 1 supply chain !! It is possible that the supplying branch plant delivers multiple branch plant but this shouldn't be a problem.

Furthermore, this problem only seems to occur for 1 planning family. All settings look ok.

The advice given to you about ONLY using Branch Level where you have multiple Supply Chains isn't quite correct. It is used by R3483 to sequence which Branch it processes first. If you leave it blank then it will process in the sequence entered.

I have experienced EXACTLY the scenario you described at a Client site. We had one Planning Family that would not work. It was the only one we had entered in an incorrect sequence. Once we added the Branch Levels it all worked a dream. Check the HELP on this - you enter the sequence in REVERSE order!!

Also check the F4102 Cat Codes to make sure that your items ARE set up for this Code.

Also note, you will not get OT orders if the Items in the Supplying Branch
are not included in the Data Selection of your job. SAR raised (fixed post
Xe - dooh).

Craig Potte

Back