VERSION LANGUAGE

fauberte

fauberte

Well Known Member
Hi List,

My client needs to have all his version(title) for Batch / Interactive in two language (English / French). Ex: If I have a new version of R43500, the same version (CLIENT001) must have one title in english and one in French using the language preference of the user. I've heard stories that it can be done in some way but I can't figure it out. We are on JDE XE.

Anyone can help????

Thanks,

Eric Faubert

Eric,
I think you are out of luck on this one. We have portuguese language
installed and when I go into BV with my Language Preference set to 'P' I
will still read all original version titles in english.
As far as I know there is no way to define version titles in more then
one language.
All I could think of is giving language dependent titles in the menu
title for that UBE/version.
If you find out otherwise please let us know.

Bonne chance, Gerd

Well, menu text overrides are language-specific, so you can define a pair of overrides for each menu item for each of your languages and the system will display the one that matched the user's language set in the preferences...

The description displayed in BV, on the other hand, probably, cannot be changed in the same way.

Eric,

Are you talking about the list of version in the version list ?

or "on the repport itself" or or both ?

Christian Audet

Hi Christian,

Yes, I'm talking about the list of version in the version List.

Thanks,

Eric Faubert

Eric,

What you are asking for is possible, I was able to do it in B733.2 for application and report. I did some research and find out that most of the function I was using to do it are changed. I will have to do some more research to get it but I'm convince that it's still possible. The main point of it is that JDEdwards are doing it for "there" report. In the International version of OneWorld most report that I've looked have a translated description for the report (One in french, one in english) and most version have it also (one description in french and one in english). This information all reside in the TAM file RDATEXT.DDB and the only way that I know to add or modify "specific" info there is from 'C' using TAMAdd and TAMMReplace.

I will give it a try probably tonight after work.

Christian Audet

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for your comments about my problem. Like you said, I now convince that I'm out of luck on this. I've tried with P9220(Work with Vocabulary Overrides) to change the title of my version(s) but the result is still the same. I will have to give language dependent titles in the menu.

Thanks.

Eric Faubert

Hi List,

Just to conlude on my original request on my problem and for your info, here's the respond by Denver:

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to manipulate the Report Title that will print on the UBE page header in OneWorld®. The Report Title is a runtime field and cannot be manipulated by vocabulary overrides, event rules or system functions. I do have a work around that could be considered. On the
UBE template or a specific batch versions, you could delete the Report Title in the page header if you didn't want it to display. Then you can add an Alpha Constant to the report and enter in the Report Title in English. Then you could check in the template or batch version and then go to vocabulary
overrides. In vocabulary overrides, you could enter in the language of F-French and override the alpha constant to French text. The UBE template or batch version will have to be checked out for the vocabulary changes to
update the local tam.

The answer isn't what I was hoping for. We took a look a building a BSFN in C but in the end, we just created on small Interactive Application and a BSFN that will override the report name in every report that we need to do it depending on the language. Isn't the best way to do it but that will satisfy our needs in our project.

Thanks for your help,

Eric Faubert

There is a solution - you can search Developer's Forum or contact me directly for this...

Regards,
Alex.

Back