Package name on a machine

dsingh

Hi

In B7331 release we can see the name of the base package and any update package installed on a machine by using Help about OneWorld and then System. This way we can see the package name and when the package was installed on the machine.

Since we have gone on XE with SP17.1 this detail is not available. Has someone seen this problem and how to resolve this.

Any suggestions and leads will be appreciated.

Dalip

JDE XE Update 3 SP17.1 Oracle 8.17 RS6000 Citrix/fat clients

I think if you click on Help about One World and then Details, you will get
the information that you are looking for.

Libbi Fletcher
HoMedics, Inc.
M.I.S. Department
248-863-3001 ext. 1281
[email protected]

Re: RE: Package name on a machine

I have three path codes installed on my PC. But it doesn't matter to which environment I connected to, all the time I'm getting only a production package name,which was last installed. Any idea why?

OW Xe, Update 5, SP19, AS/400 platform.

RE: RE: Package name on a machine

If you are looking at About..JDE..Details, it only reports the last full and
update packages installed, not last per environment.

Xe, SP 19.1_E1, Update 6, ES=AS/400 V5R1, CO=AS/400, Thick & Citrix Clients

Hi Dalip
The machanism you are using shows only the latest full and update package installed on the PC. Use regedit to see the registry what all various packages installed on the PC.

I have the same problem. That's the way it's been designed. It doesn't keep track of what package has been installed in which environment, only the last package installed.

vivek_kaushal is right and it's actually very simple to write a script that reports this per environment and can even be used to report this for remote w/stations across the network (and compile a report, if necessary)...

Back