problems with PDF printing

Luca Agosti

Luca Agosti

I've put in JDE.INI clients "OutputDirectory=P:\" line, where P: is a network connected drive, something like \\server\%username%.
All is ok until Acrobat Reader 4.05 opens. with correct PDF generation. When users try to print their PDF on their network printers (defined as TCP/IP port) nothing is printed, but one file is created: its name is TCP/IP port!!! (by example, when a user try to print to 192.192.192.192 printer, will be generated IP_192.192.192.192 file and nothing is printed.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks a lot
Regards
OW Xe SP20 / Oracle9i / Win2000 / 2 Terminal Servers Win 2000 with Citrix Metaframe XP

Luca, I have seen a lot of bad press on using Acrobat 4 with JDE. Since so many people have published nightmares about it, I have never tried that version but, I've never had any problems with versions 3 or 5. Our developers map to their NT defined personal drive and the general user community have a Shared network drive defined in their INI files. The only problems I have are when something prevents the drive from mapping and JDE has nowhere to place the PDF.

I've same problem with Acrobat 5 too.
Our general user community have the same configuration. But I've seen: if I put into jde.ini "OutputDirectory=P:\" I have problems, and if I write "OutputDirectory=\\fileserver\username" they can print

I am using Acrobat Reader 5.05 and using the string 'OutputDirectory=R:\'. They works fine in printing and all printouts go to my locally mapped printer. :)

I solved my problem with a Kixstart script. Now as PrintQueue path users have \\server\%username%. But it's strange: with "OutputDirectory=\\server\username" users can print, with "OutputDirectory=P:\" they cannot print

Back