Cross Reference Utility Installation

amiller

I need to do an installation of the cross reference utility. How long does this typically take? I also heard that there is an ESU that needs to be applied to make this process run faster...do you know of this ESU?

I ran Cross Reference UBE separatly for each type of objects.
For APPL it took approximatly 4 hours, for TBLE - 4 min, for BSFN - 30 min, BSVW - 3 min, DSTR - 3 min and UBE - 7 hours and 15 min.

Did you make a copy of each version to run, or did you run the XJDE versions? Another question...I hear that if an ESU is applied, it make the cross reference re-build run faster...do you know of this ESU?

Yes, I create copy of each version, but I didn't apply any ESU related to Cross Reference Utility.

B. Shimonov
OW Xe, SP 19, Update 5, Enterprise Server AS/400, Depl Server W2K

The Cross reference ESU s pretty old....I am sure if you are on update 3 or higher you already have it. I applied this way back in June 2001

Is R980011 the UBE you guys are talking about? (To update the Cross Reference Utility data). Thanks, Jeremy.

I remember reading years ago that the ESU sped up the process. We only ran it once and it took 5 days and lots of disk space. Does it run faster now?

Patty

Back