Check Writing

at1108

Hey there!

I am wondering if anyone out there uses JD Edwards to write checks... We are going to begin printing our own checks, and I'm hoping to incorporate it within OneWorld XE.

Any experience or advice sharing would be great!

Thanks in advance...
AT

When we setup optio printer to print check we used string parameter which Optio provided for us. It was following
-s LINE_PRINTER -l optioPDF -f convertPDFToPDF.
But it was wrong. When we compared with another our company's settings it should be as following
-s LINE_PRINTER -l optioPDF -f convertPDFToPDF7333

AT,

We also use Optio, which takes our .pdf files from OneWorld and formats them for printing. There are other packages out there like Optio, and I don't want to get another "war" over which is best going -- suffice it to say we're happy with Optio.

That being said, one thing you'll need to watch out for with any forms package is when you change service packs or major releases of OneWorld. These can cause your .pdf output to shift, possibly enough to move your fields onto different lines and/or columns, which messes up field mappings.

Also, we decided to use check stock that had preprinted check numbers and the MICR coding already in place. This had the benefits of additional security (the printout doesn't work on just any paper), and we didn't have to get a magnetic ink printer cartridge for the MICR coding. We just use a dedicated HP LaserJet printer.

You should consider looking at software from Bottomline, it's proven
technology and pretty much standard for JDE users.

regards
Sid Perkins
Independent JDE Consultant
Tel: 01304 825003
Mobile: 07713158807
[email protected]
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: 19 August 2002 20:29
Subject: Check Writing

checks... We are going to begin printing our own checks, and I'm hoping to
incorporate it within OneWorld XE. Any experience or advice sharing would be
great! Thanks in advance... AT

Thanks to you all for replying!

For anyone who is using the JDE report to generate checks, do you happen to know which interactive application you use?

We are considering Bottomline for printing - any positive or negative experiences with them?

Thanks...

Back