SP20 JAS Menus

mojeda

If anyone is trying to decide whether to go to this release, note that I have not had any success generating Custom Menus for this release. JDE has duplicated this issue and is involving their development team. However, any insight would be appreciated.

I'm thinking menus may have to be converted to Tasks first and then generated -- similar to Solutions Explorer -- but haven't gotten a response either way. I'll post back after I try that.

Sorry, I am a CNC newbie but had some info that might help...
We just put SP20 from SP19 (OneWorld Xe SP19, Enterprise - AS/400, WIN2k-deployment, ) and we are using menus (not solution explorer). We took default locations of the installation of JAS server. Depending on how you install, it may vary.
To get menu's working we had to:
1.) Stop Websphere
In directory C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\JAS\EA_JDEdwards_1.ear\Webclient.war\Taskexplorer
2.) Rename file taskexplorer.properties to taskexplorer.properties.old
3.) Copy file taskexplorer.properties.owmenu to taskexplorer.properties
4.) Restart Websphere

Good Luck.

Tony

If you have been exposed to a SP20 JAS install, then you will also notice that you no longer have an option to generate 'Menus'. Menus are no longer generated to Serialized Objects with SP20 and above. They are read directly from the menu tables. If they are using the default taskexplorer.properties (ActivEra), then it will read the F9000 Task Master table and the F9001 task relationships table. If you follow the steps to rename the taskexplorer.properties and rename the taskexplorer.properties.owmenu to just taskexplorer.properties, then the HTML client will read the menu tables from the F0082, F00821, F0083, and F0084.

Also, IIS will probably continue to be supported....

Have you noticed an improvement in user overrides performance since you've moved to SP20? I am told by JDE that SP19 and higher has less problems with user overrides.

We are also using Menus and I'm worried that we may run into the same problems as you are with the inability to generate custom menus.

What is your opinion?

Back