HELP! ODBC connection

tgore

tgore

Reputable Poster
I need some help with our ODBC connections. Some of the connections were initially set up wrong. I have tried to update them using control panel, admin, ODBC on my workstation and the deployment server. They work just fine (on the workstations) until I accept an update package. Then they revert back to their original (wrong) setting. Where/what do I have to change to update the ODBC connections on a permanent basis?

I think you should logon to Planner Env on Deployment Server and make appropriate changes do data sources which are wrong. This action will make appropriate changers to ODBCDataSource.inf file under B7333\client on deployment server, and next time you should fine. Also if you are confident that Data sources on particular workstation is fine you can export registry settings for ODBC to a file and you can execute this file in any workstation.

If you change the OneWorld Data Source from the Deployment Server it will prompt you to update the ODBC Data Source. If you do this, the changes will be written to the ODBCDatasource.inf file in the \JDEdwardsOneWorld\B7333\Client directory. This is what the ODBC's on the workstation are created from when deploying a package.

You can manually edit the ODBCDatasource.inf if you want, the structure is fairly simple.

Tom, what about changing the OneWorld Data Source (on the Deployment Server)? Did you do THAT, too?

I need to reactivate this thread. Things seemed to be going along just fine. Now another problem related to the ODBC mappings has reared it's ugly head. We have two users that are having ODBC mapping problems. Everybody else in the world (no pun intended) work just fine. When either of these two users log into CITRIX, they are pointing to the "old incorrect" ODBC mappings. We have blown away their CITRIX user profiles and this does not do any good. What am I missing? Is there something else that needs to be deleted or redefined? The odbcdatasource.inf on the deployment server is correct. The mappings on the deployment server and both CITRIX boxes look good when I view them via settings/admin/ODBC.

Thanks

Hi Tom,

How did you blow away their citrix profile? Did you simple delete the their profile directory or did you use control panel/system/User profile select the user add click delete? The second option will delete the user regedit.

Do these user have roam profiles?

A quick fix for this would be to export the registry settings from a working station (or login on the Citrix Server for that matter), log into the Citrix Server as one of the user id's that are not working correctly, and import the registey file. This fix will only fix the current ODBC connection errors. To stop this from happening after a package is deployed, you will need to make the appropriate changes to the OW datasources on the Deployment Server so that the odbcdatasource.inf file is corrected.

Hope this helps,

Back