Problems with Accounting Package

lookingforinfo

Can anybody tell me about technical problems with the accounting module of JD Edwards' software? We are considering purchasing, but I want to go in with my eyes open.

Since JD Edwards started life as an accounting software company you can be sure that the accounting module is the tightest of all of the modules.

I agree with Brother of Kara. The accounting modules are JD Edwards Backbone.

But a solid set-up, training and clean data conversion have as much to do with smooth operation as the software. (Especially in the first 12to24 months.) My suggestion is to hire the most experienced consultants you can find and listen to them. Also, spend twice as much time testing your data conversion as you think you need to. And give as many end users as possible hands on training before your go live (Don't just send them to class). These apply to all ERP packages, not just JD Edwards.

One last suggestion. Sometimes you need to forget how you did things in the past and adapt to the software in order to take full advantage of the software's functionality. You might be suprised how many of your current processes were created due to limitations of your existing software. Food for thought.

Back