JDE.log and JDEDebug.log in ES

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Does anyone know if it is poddible to not have UBE generate those 1K jde.log and debug log files on the AS/400. This is what I have in the debug section of my INI file. I want logs to only be freated if a user turns on logging manually.

[DEBUG]
Output=NONE
Trace=FALSE
DebugFile=JDEB7333/JDEDEBUG
JobFile=JDEB7333/JDE.LOG
JDETSFile=JDEB7333/JDETS.LOG
ClientLog=1
LogErrors=1
KeepLogs=1
RunBatchDelay=0
TAMTraceLevel=0
RepTrace=0

Thanks

What you mean is that you want to write things to log when users specfically asks for logs in thier own JDE.INI file. If this is true then you shouldnt have Logerrors set to 1 because you are asking for error logging and system is just telling you that it is creating logs but its just that there are no errors.

I THINK (I cannot test as I dont have access to conexistent environment) what you should do is that in server INI you should change logerror and keeperrors to 0 and change your users INI to serverlog to 1. Which means that users are requesting entries from business function JDELOG and JDEDEBLOG from the server. But keep in mind that by doing this all the error logs will go to users who are getting errors.

This information I got from System Administration Manual. Read more from page 537 and onwards.

Other option is to write a small CL whick will check your folders for error logs for time and date and will delete if olders then so many days. This CL can run every night or every hour or as you may want. If I remember correctly CHKDLO is the command which check files in QDLS folder and returns information.

Cleola,

I have the following in my backup routine CL that I use every night to get
rid of logs...

018.00 /* THIS WILL DELETE JDE OW LOGS OUT IN THE JDEB7333 FOLDER */
019.00 DEL OBJLNK'/JDEB7333/*.log')

This way if we turn it on for awhile I don't have to constantly go in and
remove logs... you can get more specific if you want and only delete
certain types but this will get them all... If I'm looking for something
specific overnight I asterick this out so it won't delete them. Hope this
helps,

:) Lori

[DEBUG]