SP 20 looks Cool but again this is JDE

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hey,

Did anyone out there already tried SP 20. I was looking at some of the information and seems as if there are some pretty cool enhancements....BUT!!!!!!!!.

Please post your experience with SP 20

We had applied SP20. Initially, it seemed ok and we proceeded to build client package. Upon completing the package, there are some error messages in the jde.log which did not seem to appear before. We then restored the directories and seeking help from JDE.

Alvin
CNC/DBA
Xe XU6 SP 18_I1
Oracle 8.1.7
Enterprise AIX 4.3
Deployment W2K
WTS NT 4.0 Meta Frame XP

Keep us posted on their response to the issues you are receiving. Also do you know if these issues are global or are they platform specific.

SP20 for JAVA introduces a very cool install procedure that eliminates the need to configure Websphere manually. It works pretty well. Overall the JDE documentation is pretty good for the install, except when it comes to setting up the Egen. The only problem encountered so far is generating custom MENUS. So far, I haven't been able to generate custom menus for the web client -- very strange. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to access the JAVA client -- supposedly it is to be supported until 2003, though.

Sp20 on the Deployment and Enterprise (NT) introduced a Server package warning about GBRSpec counts, that apparently, can be ignored.

HTH

Back