Upgrading Xe to ERP8

jbadia

Hi all,

I am valuing the possibility to upgrade my installation from Xe to ERP 8.
I have read the manual and I believe that but or fewer understand all the processes, but there are two things that I don't end up understanding completely.

Right now in the company we have Xe and we would want to install ERP 8 in a parallel way to the current installation without passing modifications of objects, only data, but I don't understand like one can make this process if Business Data they stay in the two versions in the database JDE_PRODUCTION. If I convert the tables of Business Data does it for ERP8, do I suppose that they are no longer rotted to consent from Xe, not?
Another of the aspects that I don't end up understanding well is the creation of the temporary environment.

In having summarized bills that steps would have to continue to have two versions, a Xe and an ERP 8 being executed in parallel way in such a way that the users continued working the same as up to now in Xe and did i also have an installation of ERP 8 to go modifying objects and once proven that everything works correctly to pass the production data in Xe to production in ERP 8?.

Thank you for the help.

OW Xe Update 2 SP 16 SQL Server 7.0

FYI, I am in the middle of an Xe to ERP8 upgrade. IT IS A NIGHTMARE, if you don't know the workarounds! There are several things that are different in the upgrade process that response line won't tell you about unless/until you run into the problem.

First, the planner in ERP8 DOES NOT pull forward the location or machine information from your previous plan. This must be keyed by hand.
Second, the planner validation report will show your machines as 'Record Invalid'. This is a 'known issue' and can be ignored. I did so, and it went thru just fine.
Third, in your environment setup for DV7334, you MUST select load production data. This is the ONLY way to get OL tables loaded into the new system. It will NOT overwrite your DV business data. Also in the environment setup, data load parameters, make sure that OneWorld Local is set as the data source, otherwise it will copy OL records from your previous install!
Finally, in your R98405, you will get 4 tables that fail with a status of 'Spec not Match'. The tables are: F74B100, F74U0141, F0607, & F00165. Check the first 3 tables. If empty, generate in testdta thru OMW. The last table, f00165 will need to have the conversion run manually.

This is a complete list of the issues I have run into so far. If there are more, I will post them.

ERP8 AS/400 V5R1M0 Citrix & Web

Hi all,

I am valuing the possibility to upgrade my installation from Xe to ERP 8.
I have read the manual and I believe that but or fewer understand all the processes, but there are two things that I don't end up understanding completely.

Right now in the company we have Xe and we would want to install ERP 8 in a parallel way to the current installation without passing modifications of objects, only data, but I don't understand like one can make this process if Business Data they stay in the two versions in the database JDE_PRODUCTION. If I convert the tables of Business Data does it for ERP8, do I suppose that they are no longer rotted to consent from Xe, not?
Another of the aspects that I don't end up understanding well is the creation of the temporary environment.

In having summarized bills that steps would have to continue to have two versions, a Xe and an ERP 8 being executed in parallel way in such a way that the users continued working the same as up!
to now in Xe and did i also have an installation of ERP 8 to go modifying objects and once proven that everything works correctly to pass the production data in Xe to production in ERP 8?.

Thank you for the help.

OW Xe Update 2 SP 16 SQL Server 7.0
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=39626
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World« / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards«

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

Back