Workflow icon not work in client machines

hkdba

Hi list,

I read the thread 'Shortcuts not executing on thin clients'. The problem is similar but the solution is not quite work for me.

I have citrix client installed onto client machines and Outlook in client machines. The workflow approval message can be sent to client outlook email, but as there are no fat client installed, it won't work.

I am also looking into the possiblity of changing the citrix.ica file to point the approval form in workflow, but unsuccessful. I can only have a citrix.ica to launch the OneWorld on Citrix and get into the main menu only.

Alvin

OneWorld Xe B7333, Update 6, SP 18_I1
ES on AIX 4.3, DS on W2K, Oracle8.1.7
Windows 2000, Citrix Metaframe XP

Alvin,

Please remember that the workflow call is going to happen on the Citrix server. This means that the users Outlook profile must reside on each Citrix server that you have and Outlook must be installed on each server as well.

In our environment, we have opted not to put workflow calls to or from email accounts in the code. We are teaching the users how to use Workcenter.

Thanks, Michael. However, I would like to know if there is any way to send out a '.ica' file in the workflow message so that users can launch the approval screen at their own desktop using Outlook. My current ica file can only go to the main menu of OneWorld and go no further. :p

Alvin

Back