Service Contract/Billing

• Thread starter mangeshnadgauda
  • Start date

mangeshnadgauda

Hi All,

I do have base warranty contract with multiple service types (e.g U, for preventive maint, W for call, X for depot repair etc).

My service package is such that one of the service types has a "coverage group". (coverage group is defined in cost type percentage revisions.) This means that if call or service order is created on a customer using this service type, then the customer should be billed.

My invoice is generated but with zero value ? Idealy the invoiced should calulate as per the coverage group (i.e the part list and the routings)

Regards,
Mangesh.

Mangesh,

I assume you are in OneWorld Xe? Can I also assume that you are talking about the Billing of a Service Order? I say this because the Billing of the Service Contract is actually ONLY effected by the Service Package if you have the Package setup in the Structure of your Advanced Pricing. Are you using Advanced Pricing?

You can apply a different Advanced Pricing Schedule to Service Orders if you want. You must have the Advanced Pricing flag set to "1" in the Service Order. Either way, depending upon setup, you will get a Price for your Spares and Labour on the Service Order Parts List and Route. If you have these in place then the Coverage Group should be applying Coverage something less than 100%. The Billable flag on the Route and Parts List lines must be "1". Then you need to Book Actual Billable Amounts with Actual Billable Units. Then you need to run you Workfile Generation R1775 to get those values into F4812.

Then you pretty much throw it over the wall to the A/R people to generate Invoices. If you are getting values on your Service Order and they are getting into your F4812 then I cannot understand what could be wrong. But if you clarify exactly WHAT you are attempting to Bill maybe I could help you some more.

Regards,

Just for the benefit of the other interested JDEListers.... Mangesh and I took this off line and he sent me his setup. The problem appeared to be caused by the Contract giving 100% Coverage. The Advanced Pricing setup was fine and Mangesh did have a Payable amount for his Service Provider!!

Back