Printing order on credit hold

Djohnson

Djohnson

Well Known Member
We are looking for a way to print an order acknowledgments even if the order is on C1 credit hold. While we can go through the hassel of releasing the hold, printing the acknowledgment and then puting the order back on C1 hold, we would rather not, as we may have 20 a day. The accounting guys are not happy campers if they do many of them. Yes, we do realize the value and necessity of placing orders on C1 hold.

We have created a acknowledgment version titled ProForma Invoice and want to use this to "bypass" the seemingly hard coded strangle hold JDE has. This version will not advance the status of the order.

Any suggestions?

Hi 'Djohnson'

I encountered exactly the same issue at one of my clients and ended up applying a fairly simple modification in R42565. If required this can be done as a version overwrite or in a statement conditional on status and/or version.

Good luck,

Sef,
We did try setting up a special version of R42565. It worked for awhile and now does not. Thinking maybe a upgrade may have blown it away. Can't recreate it and make it work. Any suggestions of what to try?

Dan

Hi Dan

We have made a similar mod, but with an important difference. If we are going to modify a standard JDE report like this, we always copy the report and give it a user-defined system code (55 - 60). Then we make our changes to this new report. This will stop upgrades/ESU's from blowing your hard (expensive) work into the ether.

Cheers....Grant Harding (New Zealand)

Hi Dan,

My Apologies for the late reply.
Did you make the changes to the version of R42565 through version override? And if yes, did you change a ZJDE or XJDE version or a custom version?

When applying an ESU / upgrade, the ER in the UBE may be overwritten, but if the ER was changed through version overwrite (in a custom version) the ER is not. As Grant just wrote, an alternative is to copy the UBE into eg R5542565, but this may also require you to make changes to all apps or UBE's (and subsystems) that call invoice print.

Rgds,

Back