learn jdedwards

mesut

Hello,

I'm new to JDE List just start to learn JDEdwards 7.3.
I started with reading tech. found. (pdf document).

Could somebody advice me the next step ?
Start with PDM or IM ???

kind regards,

Mesut

I would do foundationss, product management, distribution, and each of the modules you plan to use. Although reading information is great - when yu get actual hands on experience is whre you will get your most valuable education.

Hello Mesut and Welcome to THE JDE List,
Before getting into reading JDE manuals there's another question you may be looking for an answer:
"What is that I want/need to do? Am I looking at JDE from a Functional, Development OR an Administration perspective?"
There are Three Hats available here (and A LOT of people discover themselves into a position where wearing more just one is a necessity):
- one for the Business Analyst who gets in touch DIRECTLY with The JDE User (our Client), define the Scope and list the required Specifications for a change
- one for the Programmer Analyst who designs, develops, implements, tests and debugs the Business Case/Functionality modification, and finally, but not the least important,
- one for the CNC-Administrator who takes care of building & deploying packages that include tested/approved modifications, Service Packs, administers the Database & Servers.
In order to separate issues related to these three topics (thus making it easier to cope with them), the JDEList was structured on this basis, different Forums dealing with different scopes/approaches/hats.
Warm regards,
Adrian Chimirel
PS It is a good idea (it helps our comunity to better address your issues/concerns) to let others know what is the make (read World OR OneWorld), product (you say 7.3 but is it A73 OR B73), version (CUM level, such as B732.1. B733.3 or Xe, ... ), Update, Service Pack, ... of the JDE you're riding :)

Back