Work Order Item Descriptions

Lori Gibbs

[blush]
We have just gone live this week, and I was approached by several of our production leadmen concerning the descriptions of items on work orders. In the item master, we have the primary and the secondary descriptions, as well as the opton to add text notes. Is there an option, flag or something that would allow these additional descriptions to print on the work order? Any help would be most appreciated.

Lori,

There is a processing option in R31410 (under Printing 1 tab) to print COMPONENT text, but I didn't see anything about controlling printing the parent item's description 2 or its text. I believe you'll have to do a custom modification to the R31415 WO Print UBE to get these fields to display on your work order prints.

You may also want to note that the WO Description defaults in from the item's description 1 field, but from that point on is a separate copy of this information. So if, after you create the WO, you change the item description 1 field (on the Item Master), your WO will still have the old description. Just an FYI.

Hope all goes well as you continue your go-live.

Thanks for the feedback - Sorry I didn't reply sooner (go live has kept me a little busy) Was hoping for a magic button or processing option to let production control know about - but alas - it is how I suspected. There must be a way - I just haven't discovered it yet!! Thanks again, and our go live is going pretty well!

Back